Depending on your style, movies and music are often at the heart of a perfect Valentine’s Day date. So my other half and I put our heads together to think of a list of iconic songs that might help make the perfect Valentine’s Day. We thought of many of our favorite romantic comedies and movies that we’ve grown to appreciate to create this sonic brew of love. Several of the films list below are part of our movie collection. We thought this might offer some inspiration for those couples in need of some last minute inspiration.
When Harry Met Sally – “It Had to Be You” by Isham Jones; sung by Harry Connick, Jr.
Ghost – “Unchained Melody” by Righteous Brothers
The Bodyguard – “I Will Always Love You” By Whitney Houston
Titanic – “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion
Dirty Dancing – “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life” – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
Other songs from romantic movies include:
- Sleepless in Seattle – “When I Fall in Love” by Celine Dion and Clive Griffin
- Don Juan Demarco – “Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman” by Bryan Adams
- Kate & Leopold – “Until…” by Sting
- Moonstruck – “That’s Amore” by Dean Martin
- Love Actually – “Turn Me On” by Norah Jones
- Casablanca – “As Time Goes By” By Jimmy Durante
- Love me Tender – “Love Me Tender” by Elvis
- Jerry Maguire – “Secret Garden” by Bruce Springsteen
- An Officer and a Gentleman – “Up Where We Belong” by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes
- The Way We Were – “The Way We Were” by Barbara Streisand
We’ve made easy for anyone interested in this list by making a Spotify playlist accessible below.