What do Tracy Chapman, Eric Clapton, and the Barenaked Ladies all have in common? Each of these well-known musicians started out by performing on the street. Now, several street musicians have a chance to follow the same path thanks to a new contest. Rolling Stone‘s Street to Stage campaign powered by Sprint (website created by Kargo) is giving outstanding street musicians the opportunity to compete for your votes and win a performance at the Rolling Stone Rock Room during SXSW in 2012.
Rolling Stone and Sprint traveled across the US to find eight standout street musicians. You can check out photos, interviews, and performances by each of these artists and vote for your favorite at http://s2s.campaign.kargo.com. Rolling Stone and Sprint will be giving “random acts of awesomeness” to voters every week until September 20. Prizes include a Rolling Stone T-shirt, magazine, and online subscription package, or a state-of-the-art Kyocera Echo™ phone.
- Wesley Cook – Atlanta, GA
- Jeff Humphrey – New York, NY
- Kaliq Wooks – Chicago, IL
- Salvetore Geloso – New Orleans, LA
- Carly Calbero – Seattle, WA
- Lauren Walley – Dallas, TX
- Charles Rangel – Los Angeles, CA
- Caroline Joy – San Francisco, CA
Photo credit: enric archivell
- SXSW 2012 is upon us (elleviemag.wordpress.com)
- The Sheepdogs Celebrate Rolling Stone Cover Win on ‘Fallon’ — Video (spinner.com)
- Alexander Skarsgard: Rolling Stone Cover Reveal Party! (justjared.buzznet.com)