The American Cancer Society (ACS) is launching a fantastic contest for musicians and artists to share their talents and support a great cause. You’ve probably seen the ACS’s TV spots, where celebrity entertainers such as Celine Dion, Rihanna, Eric Carle and Usher sing “Happy Birthday”. Well now, everyday folks can join in with the ACS’s Create More Birthdays Contest & Sweepstakes. Even if you don’t have an artistic contribution to share, you can help out by voting for your favorite video or picture.
Here is how the Create More Birthdays Contest works:
- Musicians are invited to submit a video performance of the traditional “Happy Birthday” song, similar to the clips contributed by celebrity entertainers, while artists can submit original, visual artwork – both inspired by the many ways the ACS has helped make progress against cancer.
- Participants can submit entries at http://my.morebirthdays.com starting today through July 24, where the submissions will be open to online public voting.
- Twelve Finalists (five Finalists in each category based on the public’s favorites, and one Finalist in each category selected by a panel of qualified judges, including art and design expert Erin Loechner, Rock and Roll Mama Lindsay Maines and writer and photographer Karen Walrond) will be announced on approximately August 3rd and then two Grand Prize Winners – one in music and one in art – will be determined by public vote and announced at the end of August.
- The two Grand Prize Winners’ submissions will be added to ACS’s More Birthdays gallery on morebirthdays.com alongside Justin Bieber, Masha D’yans and Lady Antebellum among many others and featured in a wide range of online products for download, such as e-cards, to help raise money to save more lives from cancer. The winning musician’s work will also be featured in American Cancer Society’s nationwide advertising campaign and the winning artist’s work will be featured on Tiny Prints in their exclusive American Cancer Society card collection on tinyprints.com
The public is encouraged to vote for their favorite music video and artwork entries at http://my.morebirthdays.com. With each vote cast, voters are entered into the Create More Birthdays Sweepstakes to win More Birthdays gift packs, including Tiny Prints birthday cards and More Birthdays gift wrap, posters, limited-edition prints and more, all created from the art inspired by ACS’s work from famous artists, such as Andrew Bannecker and Andy Gilmore. Entrants and fans of the Create More Birthdays Contest can also share their own submissions or their favorites with friends and family via their own social networks.
In the meantime, check out this adorable contribution by Zoe:
- The American Cancer Society Create More Birthdays Contest (design-milk.com)
- Heading toward 36 (dooce.com)