Meat Loaf is preparing to release his new album, Hang Cool Teddy Bear, due out May 11th. The title was taken from a line Beyond The Valley of the Dolls. Jack Black, Hugh Laurie, Kara DioGuardi, Queen’s Brian May and Steve Vai all make guest appearances on the album produced by Rob Cavallo. To support the album, Meat Loaf will begin touring North America on July 3rd.
The thematic materials was inspired by screenwriter/director Kilian Kerwin’s story about a soldier who has been wounded in battle and thinks he is going to die. His life flashes forward as he thinks about the life that could have been. The songs are the different scenarios the soldier finds himself in.
“I wanted it big, I wanted it dramatic, I wanted a rock record,” Meat Loaf says. “Yes, it sounds like a Meat Loaf record. But it sounds different, too; it sounds new, it sounds fresh. It speaks to you in a different way.”
The first video and single off the album, “Los Angeloser,” tells the story of a bad significant other who takes advantage of a generous lover.
The first leg of the summer 2010 North American tour begins on July 3rd in Gilford, NH at the Meadowbrook U.S. Cellular Pavilion. More dates will be announced shortly.
Confirmed dates are…
- July 3 – Gilford, NH @ Meadowbrook U. S. Cellular Pavilion
- July 8 – Boston, MA @ Bank of America Pavilion
- July 10 – Atlantic City, NJ @ Atlantic City Hilton
- July 12 – Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
- July 14 – Wantagh, NY @ Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
- July 16 – Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- July 18 – Hershey, PA @ Giant Center
- July 22 – Detroit, MI @ MotorCity Casino Hotel
- July 24 – Sault Sainte Marie, MI @ Kewadin Casino 25th Anniversary Festival