Yes, I mean the former Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver guitarist. Guitar Center has teamed up with Slash to find the next band. The contest began yesterday, February 1st and ends April 30th. Winners will be chosen by YOU…the fans.
Bands across the U.S. are invited to submit their music at YourNextRecord.com for a chance to win one of the sweetest prize packages ever offered in rock.
Don’t have a band? You can still help choose the band by signing up as a fan.
Here is what Slash had to say about the contest:
“The formula that used to work for discovering new artists has been decimated and the opportunities for really talented bands to be heard is extremely limited. That’s why it’s so important to me and Guitar Center to provide a situation where new talent can be discovered. This is an incredibly interesting way to find and help launch a really great band that hasn’t been able to get their foot in the door otherwise.”
If only I had a band with three songs to submit for a chance to win. Talk about a SWEET prize! Winner gets the following:
- A 3-song E.P. produced by legendary producer Mike Clink (Guns N’ Roses, Megadeth, Mötley Crüe)
- Slash will write, record and perform on your single
- A management development deal with “The Collective” (the team behind Linkin Park, Slash & Avenged Sevenfold)
- Feature of your single on iTunes
- World-wide digital distribution of your music through Tunecore
- $10,000 Guitar Center shopping spree
- $10,000 in new gear and endorsement deals from Ernie Ball Music Man
- The opening slot on Slash’s Monster Energy Bash
- An editorial feature on your band in Guitar World magazine
Related articles by Zemanta
- SLASH Partners With Ernie Ball For Private “Shred With Slash” Masterclass Contest; Video Available (bravewords.com)
- Slash turned down millions to reunite with Guns N’ Roses (guardian.co.uk)